By participating in LSA Esports, players and their families benefit from the connection and support of a community while reducing their risks online.
Addressing the risks
Much of the risks in esports and online gaming come from anonymous, unsupervised environments where youth can be especially vulnerable.
- Interactions with bad actors and communications with unverified adults
- Predatory risks and grooming
- Bullying and harassment
- Online toxicity and negativity
- Excessive screen time and imbalance with other activities
- Improper health and exercise habits
- Limited checks and balances
Keeping Esports Athletes Safe
We have taken extra steps to address the risks and support youth on and off the field.
- Private online community and events secured by verification software
- Only accessible to registered and verified members
- Supervised online interactions by screened and SafeSport trained administrators
- Community supported programs with positive values and coaching
- Promotes inclusivity, anti-bullying, and anti-toxicity for all
- Utilizes age appropriate video games and content
- Promotes balance with traditional sports