Louisiana Soccer Association (“LSA”) is proud to be one of the fastest growing state soccer associations in the country and home to some of the most respected soccer clubs nationwide. We invite every type of organization to apply for membership and have developed this web page to help de-mystify the process of affiliation with LSA.
The Application Process
The application process and what it means to be an LSA Affiliated is described in LSA Policy 202.
- Completed Application for Affiliation.
- Application fee in the amount of $75.00 made payable to LSA.
- First year Affiliation Fee of $50.00 made payable to LSA.
- Proof of registration with the State of Louisiana as a business entity. To go the the Secretary of State’s web page entitled Start a Business. LSA urges Application to consider organization as a non-profit corporation. Forming a Non-profit Corporation.
- By-laws of your new business entity showing the creation of a governing body and Officers. Please note one (1) person does not constitute a governing body. Sample Bylaws
- Complete List of Officers
- Constitution of your new business entity.
- List of Fields to be used together with agreement with field owner, municipal permit or other proof of field availability. There must be at least two (2) full-size fields for practice or game use. Exemptions to the minimum number of fields may be requested in writing and submitted with the Affiliation Packet. The agreement must be for the full season year. Field Insurance Request / Goal & Field Inspection Form
- A general description of areas to be serviced by the club.
- A Statement of Need describing the specific need of the organization as that need relates to the other LSA Affiliates in the immediate geographic area. Essentially what services you would provide that differ from the services provided by other area affiliates.
The Affiliation Packet must also include proof that you have contacted both LSA and the State Referee Committee.
- Michael Silver, Chairman of the LA State Referee Committee must be contacted to insure the Referee Committee can service your new organization and you must show your intention to hold referee clinics in your area. All LSA Affiliated Clubs must have a certified referee assignor.
- LSA must be contacted and be satisfied that you intend to hold Techcnical Department Programs in your areas including coaching education courses.
- LSA Registrar, Kay Briggs, to establish a place and time to review all player registration policies and procedures.
Once LSA ha received your application and supporting documentation, LSA will review it all to make certain all the requirement of affiliation have been met. Should you have any further questions, please contact LSA President Sean Esker.