The table below is displayed for the applicant’s reference. To submit a complete international clearance form:
Applicants should review the forms and corresponding requirements.
Choose only one form that represents their current individual status.
Applicants are expected to meet all application requirements specified on the form to have the application reviewed and processed.
|P10 Registration||· International clearances and first registrations for any player nine (9) years of age and younger at the time of registration regardless of citizenship.|
|First Registration – U.S. Citizen||· U.S. citizens born outside the United States who have never been registered at any level to play soccer in any other country.· Holds physical proof of citizenship.|
|First Registration – U.S. Citizen – Awaiting Physical Proof||· U.S. citizens born outside the United States who have never been registered at any level to play soccer in any other country.· Does not currently hold physical proof of citizenship but according to the United States government, is a U.S. citizen.|
|5 Year Exception||· Player is registering for the first time and has lived continuously in the United States for the last five years.|
|50km/31mi Exception||· Both the player and club are within 50km/31mi of their common national border.· The distance between the two is less than 100km/62mi.|
|Parents Move Exception||· The parents of the player moved to the United States for reasons not linked to soccer.· Includes United States citizens returning home to their family after studying abroad.|
|Exchange Student Exception||· The player is an exchange student undertaking an academic program in the United States.|
|Accompanied Refugee Exception||· The player is moving for humanitarian reasons with their parents.|
|Unaccompanied Refugee Exception||· The player is moving for humanitarian reasons without their parents.|
|First Registration 18+||· Any player born outside of the United States· Never been registered at any level to play soccer in any other country.|
|International Transfer Certificate (ITC)||· Any player 18+ who has been previously registered to a club in another country and wishes to play for club/team/league in the United Sates.|
Each application has specific submission requirements. Failure to follow these requirements will lead to the withdrawal of the application from the review process. To ensure the timely processing of all applications the following instructions must be adhered to:
- Criteria is provided for each clearance type to assist the applicant in selecting the appropriate form based on the players’ CURRENT status, i.e. age, first registration, international clearance, minor applications.
- Applicants are responsible to submit all required information as outlined on each form.
- Information submitted is required to be accurate and complete
- Submit completed forms and all required document(s) in ONE (1) email to – firstname.lastname@example.org and copy local League/State Association.
- Subject line should indicate form type and player name.
- Form and documents must be in PDF format.
- Each loaded separately and up to 5MB or less.
- Partially completed forms and/or applications missing documents will not be processed.
- Applications must be submitted at least 30 days* prior to start of club/team/league play.
- For additional questions not listed in the FAQ section please send to email@example.com and in the subject line indicate – QUESTION.
The Player Status Department will contact applicants to provide updates on applications when available and/or required. Due to the high volume of applications received, kindly refrain from submitting emails requesting status updates as those specific requests will not receive a response.
*Please note submitting at least 30 days prior to the start of club/team/league play does not guarantee the player will be eligible as some processes require both FIFA and U.S. Soccer approval.