LSA maintains insurance for its membership through Pullen Insurance Service, an independent insurance brokerage firm headquartered in Fort Worth, TX.
- This insurance coverage extends only to injuries sustained during soccer-related events that are fully sanctioned by LSA. It does not include injuries sustained in a non-soccer event and does not include injuries in a soccer event that is not specifically sanctioned by US Youth Soccer or LSA. If the event is sanctioned by an entity other than US Youth Soccer or LSA, insurance coverage and claims must be filed through that entity.
- Further, LSA insurance coverage is an excess/secondary insurance policy. This means the insured must exhaust their available coverage from a primary insurer before coverage through LSA becomes effective. Failure to adhere to the requirements and procedures of your primary insurer may result in a limitation or denial of benefits under the LSA policy.
For those families that do not have primary insurance, there are alternatives. The Louisiana Children’s Health Insurance Program (LaCHIP) provides health coverage to uninsured children up to age 19. It is a no-cost health program that pays for hospital care, doctor visits, prescription drugs, shots and more. To qualify for LaCHIP a child must meet the following criteria
- The child must be under the age of 19.
- The child may not currently have health insurance.
- Household income must be below the income limits.
To learn more about the LaCHIP and to apply
EXPLANATION OF COVERAGE
Pullen Insurance Services provides a detailed description of the General Liability Benefits provided to LSA’s membership including who and what activities are covered as well as the limits of liability provided.