The concept of Academy-based programming and the sound player development philosophybehind it has grown exponentially over the past few years. Starting our players in an environment that focuses on player development and performance rather than on team achievements and results is a formula for long term player development applauded worldwide. Only clubs that fervently share this philosophy will be invited to join the LSAP.
The LSAP is designed specifically to…
- make learning the game enjoyable for youth players,
- help retain players through their years of cognitive and physical growth,
- focus on the technical development of each player,
- de-emphasize team achievements and the use of results as a measure of success,
- to introduce the pool concept to reduce pressure on players and coaches to earn results and to allow players to learn and grow at their rate,
- to help clubs focus on coaching education,
- to educate parents and players on the importance of defining long term success in terms of player performance rather than team outcomes, and
- bring clubs together in a cooperative environment to focus on player development.