Louisiana Competitive Soccer League
The Louisiana Competitive Soccer League ("LCSL") is a state-wide youth soccer league administered by Louisiana Soccer Association ("LSA"). All competitive teams in the state are encouraged to participate in the LCSL. The goal of the league is to provide a safe, fair and competitive environment in which all of our youth players can grow and develop in the game and learn the life lessons best taught through participation in sports.out of it.
There have been a number of recent advancements in the structure of the LCSL and how it will be administered. All of these advancements are motivated by bringing objectivity and fairness into league administration and by the goal of encouraging player development in league play.
- Consistency in League Structure. LCSL will still have Divisions (Competitive 1, Competitive 2, etc...). The structure of the league divisions will now be consistent. Every C1 Division from U15 and older will be comprised of 6 teams and every C1 Division from U14 and younger will have 8 teams. Every C2 Division and below will have 8 teams in all age groups where possible.
- League Seedings. The seeding of league brackets will be determined entirely by league play during the preceding seasonal year. A team's performance in a state tournament will no longer factor into where they a placed in league brackets. ?
- Promotion/Relegation. The top-2 teams of each LCSL Division will have the opportunity to be promoted to the next higher LCSL Division. Teams that finish in the bottom-2 of their LCSL Division will face relegation to the next lower LCSL Division. The Promotion/Relegation process allows league structure to be determined objectively by play on the field rather than subjectively by committee.
- RPL Teams. Regional Premier League teams will now play in the LCSL as well as the regional league.
- State Tournament Seeding. Seeding in all Louisiana State Tournaments will be dictated by LCSL standings at the end of each seasonal year.
All of these measures bring objectivity, consistency, fairness and parity to league structure and eliminates random and subjective decisions in structuring the LCSL.