2020 Revised Louisiaiana State Tournament Schedule
All LSA-Related activities and events are suspended through May 1st.
The suspension is subject to being extended
With the persistence of the COVID-19 pandemic, LSA must focus on the safety and health of our soccer families. We fully understand the impact COVID-19 has had and will continue to have on our soccer families. We also understand that extending our state tournament schedule poses countless other issues. Yet our focus remains on trying to provide events that will help bring our soccer community back together and to give our youth players a rewarding tournament experience.
The state tournament schedule has been revised and compressed. The sites have yet to be confirmed. This Model is designed to encourage as much participation in LSA State Tournaments as possible given the time and resources available to all of us. The dates and tournament formats are obviously subject to change in this ever-changing pandemic environment, but we feel this is a Model that serves our membership to the best extent possible.
Weekend #1 May 23-24 Sites to be determined
This starting date should give players, teams and referees time to get somewhat back to game condition and to acclimate to the warmer weather.
- 18B State (4-team bracket) – Semi-finals on Saturday, finals on Sunday
- 19B State (5-team bracket)- #4 plays #5 in a self-scheduled play-in game by May 21. Semi-finals are played on Saturday and finals Sunday
- Presidents Cup 13U -17U preliminary round. Some brackets will play 2 games on Saturday and 1 on Sunday and others will play the 1 game on Saturday and 2 on Sunday.
- Bob Abbott Cup 11U. 8 Boys teams and 8 Girls team in round Robin Saturday and Sunday with final on Sunday.
Weekend #2 May 30-31 Sites to be determined
- 18B Presidents (8 teams – 2X4 team brackets) There is no round robin as planned. Quarter-finals are self-scheduled by May 27. The 4 winners go to division semi-finals on the Saturday and the finals on Sunday.
- Presidents Cup 13U -17U finals. Some brackets will play on Saturday and some on Sunday
- Bob Abbott Cup 12U. 8 Boys teams and 8 Girls team in round Robin Saturday and Sunday.
- State Cup preliminaries as planned. Some brackets will play 2 games on Saturday and 1 on Sunday and others will play the 1 game on Saturday and 2 on Sunday.
Weekend #3 June 6-7 Site to be determined
- 18G State (3 teams) – All 3 games are self-scheduled between May 20 - 30.
- 19G State (5-team bracket)- #4 plays #5 in a play-in game May 20-27. Semi-finals are played on and finals on Sunday.
- State Cup semi-finals and finals as originally scheduled.
Louisiana Soccer Association hosts 4 state-wide tournaments every spring. For more specific information on any one or more Louisiana State Tournament, either click on the tournament name below or go to the specific tournament page listed in the menu to the left.
The State Cup is the culmination of a full year of play in Division 1 of the LCSL from 13U up. The winner of each age/gender group in the State Cup will be crowned Louisiana State Champion. Each State Champion will represent Louisiana in the US Youth Soccer National Championship series at the Southern Regional Tournament and, if successful, at the National Championships. LCSL Division 1 teams will be seeded in the State Cup according to their LCSL results. In most age/gender groups there will be a round robin weekend and a championship weekend during which State Cup Semi-finals and Finals will be played.
Louisiana Presidents Cup
The Louisiana Presidents Cup is the culmination of a full year of play in Division 2 of the LCSL from 13U and up. The winner of each age/gender group in the Presidents Cup will earn the title of Louisiana Presidents Cup Winner. Our Presidents Cup Winners will play in the US Youth Soccer Southern Presidents Cup. LCSL Division 2 teams will be seeded in the Presidents Cup according to their LCSL results. In most age/gender groups there will be a round robin weekend and a championship weekend during which Presidents Cup Semi-finals and Finals will be played.
Bob Abbott Cup
All LCSL 11U and 12U teams are invited to participate in the single-weekend Bob Abbott Cup. This tournament is named to honor long-time coach, Region III Administrator, LSA President and US Youth Soccer Hall of Fame honoree, Bob Abbott. Teams will be seeded according to their LCSL results with the singular goal of making the tournament as competitive and fair for all teams as possible. There will be various divisions in the Bob Abbott Cup and play in each division will determine a winner.
Louisiana Open Cup
The Louisiana Open Cup is designed for all recreational teams and LCSL teams in Division 3 or below at 13U and older. It will be a single-weekend tournament. Seeding will be based upon requests of each team as well as results in the LCSL. Teams can opt to play in the Gold, Blue or Red Division. The goal is to permit teams to compete at a high level while still finding competitive parity between teams. For example, Recreational teams will be able to compete for the first time against teams that participated in the LCSL if they choose.