2015 Kohl's American Cup
Each year, the Kohl's American Cup provides recreational youth soccer players across the country an opportunity to experience a consistent and high quality statewide tournament in a fun, safe, family-like atmosphere. It fosters stimulation and excitement about soccer in an effort to increase the recreational player's interest in and love for the game. The Kohl's Cup features an interactive area with fun games activities, special giveaways, music and more. Players, siblings and friends are all invited to participate.
Saturday, October 17 and Sunday, October 18, 2015
Moss Bluff Soccer Complex, Jones Road, Moss Bluff, LA
LSA is proud to announce that the 2015 Louisiana Kohl's Cup will be hosted by Moss Bluff Soccer League in Moss Bluff, LA. This year the Kohl's Cup will feature two (2) new components.
- On Saturday morning, the tournament will host the first ever Louisiana TOPSoccer Jamboree. TOPSoccer brings the game of soccer to girls and boys with mental or physical disabilities. TOPSoccer programs are being established across the state and LSA and Moss Bluff are proud to make it part of the Kohl's American Cup experience. CLICK HERE for more information on TOPSoccer in Louisiana.
- This year's Kohl's Cup will also include a Referee Training Camp for young people interested in becoming a referee or in improving their craft. For more information on How to Become a Soccer Referee in Louisiana, CLICK HERE
To register your team for the Kohl's American Cup CLICK HERE. By registering your team, you are certifying your team will play in the Kohl's Cup. Each team is responsible for contacting their Club to inform them of their participation in the Kohl's Cup and to insure their Club submits payment in full of the team's Kohl's Cup registration fee.
Players register for the TOPSoccer Jamboree simply by sending an email to LSA Tournament Director, Jeff Schoonover at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you will be joining the Jamboree. Every TOPSoccer player must be registered with LSA through their local Club.
Team Registration must be accomplished on-line by Wednesday, September 30th
Payment by Club check must be made by Friday, October 2nd
TOPSoccer players need only to be properly registered with LSA in order to participate.
There is no entry fee for the Kohl's American Cup for TOPSoccer players.
Jamboree Teams - U8 .......... $90.00 / team
Tournament Teams - U9 - U14 .......... $175.00 / team
Louisiana Kohl’s American Cup Rules
All players must be registered with LSA.
All teams must check-in at least 30 minutes prior to their first match.
All teams must present an official LSA roster at check-in.
Only Recreational players and teams are allowed. (NO Competitive players or teams are permitted.)
No All-Star teams or teams formed by a selection process are allowed.
The 50% play rule shall be followed.
Substitutions will be allowed at any stoppage of play, with the permission of the referee.
Coaches/Managers must have a medical consent form for every player at check-in.
Coaches/Managers and any adult on the team sideline must have an official and current US Youth Soccer pass issued by LSA hanging from their neck.
Jamboree Format (U8)
Tournament Format (U9-U14)
- LSA Tournament Rules will apply.
- Each team is guaranteed a minimum of 3 games.
- U9 – Each player will receive recognition for participation, however no team awards will be given.
- U10 - U14 – 1st and 2nd place awards will be presented.
- The Off-side Rule will apply in all games in age groups from U9 and higher.
- U9 and U10 will play 6v6 with a GK. Games will consist of 2 – 25 minute halves.
- U11 and U12 will play 8v8 with a GK. Games will consist of 2 – 30 minute halves.
- U13 and U14 will play 11v11 with a GK. Games will consist of 2 - 35 minute halves.
- There is no overtime in bracket games.
Co-ed Team Rules.
- Co-ed teams must have at least 4 players of each gender on their roster and present at each game.
- All players must play.
- There must be at least 2 players of each gender on the field at all times.
Request to Host the Kohl's American Cup
LSA is looking for a member organization to host the 2015 Kohl's American Cup. To request to host the tournament. please email LSA Executive Director, Tucker Reynolds at Tucker.Reynolds@lsa-soccer.org. The requirements to host the Kohl's American Cup are:
- At least 4 - 6 v. 6 sized fields with appropriate goals and lined
- At least 4 - 8 v. 8 sized fields with appropriate goals and lined
- A large flat area for the Kohl's Interactive Area
- Overnight Security
- Access to Trainers
- Off-street Parking
- Referees and Volunteers
- Ample Area Hotels